After more than 60 years away from Formula One, Aston Martin returned to the grid in 2021. Based in Northamptonshire, Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One™ Team has more than 600 passionate people at its heart, making a team with both a rich heritage and a fresh perspective – bringing new energy to the sport with a determination to shake up the order and compete at the sharp end.
The Aston Martin era represents the beginning of a new journey for us, but the racer's attitude and can-do approach remain central pillars in the team's philosophy. The focus is always on improving performance and delivering results. With fresh investment and energy, the stage is set to build on Aston Martin's rich history in motorsport and establish Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One™ Team as a competitive force in the years ahead.
To succeed on this mission, the team is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and hunger for competition. It's a stimulating and rewarding place to work, with pure racing at the core of everything we do. We are building for a strong future and every member of the team will play an important role in our success.
We are a brave and united team who value authenticity, honesty, and are never afraid to question conventions. We embrace these values in ways that reflect our modern world. If you share our racer's spirit and want to contribute to the next chapter in Aston Martin's glorious history, please apply and join one of the most exciting projects in Formula One.
We have a new opportunity to be part of the IT Team in the role of Azure Integration Developer
– To design and develop integrations using Azure Integration Services to deliver application to application integration to optimise business processes, deliver efficiencies and deliver new ways of working across our systems
– Design and build digital products using an API First approach to enable the business to access critical data to support business innovation leading to improved car performance
– Take an active role in developing and promoting integration best practices, standards, patterns and deliver a highly performant integration service to the business
– To actively contribute to the Team's primary objective of consistently being a top three team in the FIA Constructor's Championship
– Write technical design documentation for integrations and keep this up to date
– Work with the business and architecture to design and develop the right integration solution
– Follow TDD practices
– Support the development of standards, best practises and ways of working
– Develop integrations using the Azure Integration Services stack
– Work with the business to create an API first approach to support API development and consumption
– Provide operational support for integrations and continuously enhance support processes, problem management and resolution
– Develop an ecosystem of reusable integration building blocks / components i.e. Logging, Store and Forward etc., to drive consistency, speed up development and improve reliability
– Develop technical and business monitoring dashboards and alerting
– To chair, attend and proactively participate in meetings as required
– Maintain an Integration Catalogue across the enterprise
– To work proactively, responsibly and professionally at all times and to respect and comply with the company's reporting structure
– To maintain and develop skill levels to industry standard and maintain current and thorough working knowledge of integration patterns and the Azure integration stack
– Mentoring and coaching other members of the team to maximise team efficiency and quality, ensuring alignment to roadmaps and enterprise architecture standards
Skills & Knowledge Required
– Experience of Gregor Hohpe enterprise integration patterns
– Possess an excellent working knowledge of Azure Integration Services
– (API Management, Logic Apps, Service Bus, Event Grid, Azure Functions, Azure KeyVault etc.)
– Possess an excellent working knowledge of designing, developing and testing integrations and APIs in Azure
– Experienced in CI/CD automated builds with Azure DevOps
– Understanding of Agile delivery processes
– Experience of API tools such as Postman etc.
– Experience of designing APIs using Swagger
– Knowledge of API best practices
– Experience of GraphQL would be beneficial
– Experience with messaging platforms like Kafka, Event Grid would be beneficial
– Possess an excellent working knowledge of developing integrations and APIs using .NET (C#)
– Experience of Azure Data Factory (ADF) would be beneficial
– Excellent verbal / written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present and communicate technical designs
– Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills
– To be self-motivated and to motivate others to thrive in a challenging environment
– Ability to calmly and confidently work under pressure to achieve targets and deliver results within required timescales
– Ability to remain calm under pressure
– To communicate effectively, positively and respectfully with all colleagues
– To have a flexible attitude and ability to work as part of a team in a demanding and rapidly changing environment
– Be results orientated and be confident in your decision-making skills
– Be enthusiastic and versatile and be able to build, develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues
– Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of and commitment to Health & Safety
Aston Martin Formula One Team is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion, belief, sex or sexual orientation. We strive to be a Team that reflects all the communities with which we engage around the world through diversity in the workplace and promoting an inclusive culture in which all team members are respected, empowered and valued.