After more than 60 years away from Formula One®, Aston Martin returned to the grid in 2021. Based in Northamptonshire, Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One™ Team has more than 600 passionate people at its heart, making a team with both a rich heritage and a fresh perspective – bringing new energy to the sport with a determination to shake up the order and compete at the sharp end.
The Aston Martin era represents the beginning of a new journey for us, but the racer's attitude and can-do approach remain central pillars in the team's philosophy. The focus is always on improving performance and delivering results. With fresh investment and energy, the stage is set to build on Aston Martin's rich history in motorsport and establish Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One™ Team as a competitive force in the years ahead.
To succeed on this mission, the team is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and hunger for competition. It's a stimulating and rewarding place to work, with pure racing at the core of everything we do. We are building for a strong future and every member of the team will play an important role in our success.
We are a brave and united team who value authenticity, honesty, and are never afraid to question conventions. We embrace these values in ways that reflect our modern world. If you share our racer's spirit and want to contribute to the next chapter in Aston Martin's glorious history, please apply and join one of the most exciting projects in Formula One®.
Who we are
Aston Martin Formula One is an iconic organisation of 700+ passionate and hardworking individuals, working together with the collective goal to make the car go faster. Within IT, our primary focus is to deliver exceptional services and solutions which make a real difference to our performance on track and contribute to the evolution of the car – and to do that, we need PLM expertise to drive transformation.
We encourage our people to constantly push for better outcomes and be a force for transformative change. We celebrate diversity and empower our personnel to be their best, developing their skillsets and supporting their career progression.
It is a truly exciting time in the organisation's development to be joining AMF1. If you would like to work within a team of motivated and energised individuals, this role could be for you.
Who are we looking for?
An experienced PLM Developer is required to support the business with continuous improvement of our engineering and production processes, who is passionate about technology and wants to deliver real improvements to business users in smart and effective ways.
The successful candidate will have a desire to develop their working knowledge of the Dassault tool set within AMF1 to accelerate requirements from concept through to delivery.
Working knowledge of 2017x onwards is essential, our current production version is 2020x with 22x being deployed this year. Experience of application upgrades would be considered beneficial.
What you will be doing
- Good stakeholder engagement with business leads and their teams
- Running workshops and steering stakeholders to an efficient end to end solution
- Working closely with the IT Project Manager, ERP Product Owner, and Chief Architect to assist the development of business cases, including assisting the gathering of data and metrics
- Developing native client native applications using CAA, CATIA configuration
- Translate business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements including executing the business test cases with test leads.
- Expanding the capabilities of 3DEXPERIENCE (3DX) environments
- Maximising value and efficiencies withing the PLM eco-system
- Developing good software development lifecycle practices
- Monitoring and supporting the 3DExperience environment ensuring the Mission Critical system is running smoothly and efficiently
- Managing future upgrades and patches
- Fault finding and resolution of defects and issues within the environment
- Developing design documentation for future enhancements and changes
- Admin Running of 3DX system maintenance tasks such as tidy vault and deleting iterations
- SME of the integration capabilities and data of 3DExperience to integrate PLM with other AMF1 systems
- Creating and managing deployment packages for test and production deployment
- Development and support of current and future software extensions using languages like Java, JPO etc…
Skills and knowledge required
- 5+ years’ experience with 3DEXPERIENCE (ideally 2017x or above)
- Matrix Query Language (MQL)
- Web/Microservices development experience
- Dassault data migration knowledge (FBDI)
- REST services definition and implementation
- Enovia Triggers
- CATIA (predominantly batch processing, step PDF files)
- Experience of managing Apache Tomcat Web Server and Apache TomEE Application Server
- Knowledge of SQL database administration and maintenance
- Data modelling to support the extension of the 3D experience data models
- Experience working in agile delivery
- Strong understanding of the Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Automated testing frameworks (TDD / BDD) and tooling i.e. postman, JUnit
- Build automation tool experience for building and compiling source code and CI/CD
- Experience of XML & JSON
Aston Martin Formula One Team is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion, belief, sex or sexual orientation. We strive to be a Team that reflects all the communities with which we engage around the world through diversity in the workplace and promoting an inclusive culture in which all team members are respected, empowered and valued.